Applications from artists wanting to play our 2016 Introducing Stage are now closed.
Could you be one of the 10 local acts chosen to form part of the line up for this stage in 2016, our biggest and best year ever!
Here at Butserfest we're very passionate about supporting local up- and-coming talent, and following the success of our Introducing Stage, showcasing local talent in 2014 and 2015, we're delighted to say it will be returning for our big 10 year anniversary in 2016!
We're looking for 10 LOCAL musical acts to fill this stage, and we want YOU! You can be a full band or solo artist, and play any genre of music.
You could be in a school or college band, or be a bit more established, you could have played hundreds of shows or just a couple - we're not worried about how many 'likes' you have so don't worry about that. However you MUST have a Facebook page for your music and some recorded music that we can listen to online.
THE INITIAL VOTING PROCESS
The Butserfest organising team will choose their favourite 20 applicants, who will be placed in a poll in the official Butserfest Facebook event page facebook.com/events/1683128435255456/ on Monday 20th June.
Butserfest attendees and fans will then be invited to vote for their favourite band or artist. The top TWO voted bands will fast track it through to the final TEN who will play at Butserfest 2016, with the remaining EIGHT being picked by our judging panel. Final results will be posted online by Friday 24th June.
UNIQUE TICKET CODES
Each of TEN final Introducing bands will be given a UNIQUE personalised ticket code. Codes can be given to family and friends, to fans online, emailed out to mailing lists, included in advertising and FB headers/promo and put up in your local shops, however you wish. Use of this code will not only give the buyer 20% off the standard ticket price at checkout on our website, but will also decide the final playing order of Introducing bands at Butserfest. The band who have the most people buying their tickets using their unique code will HEADLINE the Introducing Stage and win the following awesome prizes.
- A SLOT ON BUTSERFEST 2017
- A PROFESSIONAL PHOTO SHOOT WITH MUSIC PHOTOGRAPHER MARIANNE HARRIS (TRAVEL EXPENSES NOT INCLUDED)
- A DAY'S STUDIO RECORDING AT NEOSIKON STUDIOS WITH NICK TALIADOROS (OUR HOLLOW OUR HOME)
- OFFICIAL BUTSERFEST MERCHANDISE
- BACKSTAGE ARTIST ACCESS AT BUTSERFEST 2016
2nd place winners, and other bands who we feel have put in outstanding promotional effort, will be offered Acoustic Shack/press area access.
So, you want to play, right? But wait, before you apply make sure you also read the Terms and Conditions set out below. Any bands not following these T&Cs will not be considered.
To apply send an email to email@example.com and include ALL of the following information:
- Band/Artist name
- Each band member's name and their town of residence
- Band/main email (if different from the one you're applying with)
- Facebook URL
- Youtube/Soundcloud URL (if you use these)
- Main contact phone number
- Dates of any announced or tba show dates within a one hour drive radius of Butserfest from 30th July 'til end September
Bands and solo artists who have applied in previous years or already appeared at Butserfest can apply again. Applications are OPEN NOW, and will close on Friday 17th June at 6pm.
What are you waiting for? Get those emails off, we're looking forward to checking you all out and seeing some of you at our 10 year anniversary!!
TERMS & CONDITIONS
By entering this competition you confirm that you have read and agreed to the Terms and Conditions as set out below.
1) At least HALF of your band members, or yourself if you're a solo artist, MUST live within a 40 mile radius of Butser Hill, Horndean, nr Petersfield. This includes the following areas:
Southampton : Brighton : Reading: Basingstoke : Winchester : Guildford : Isle of Wight : Salisbury : Newbury : Ringwood : Christchurch : Crawley : Woking : Andover : Portsmouth : Bournemouth : Fareham : Bognor Regis : Worthing : Alton : Horsham : Farnborough : Camberley : Aldershot : Chichester : Lymington : Havant : Godlaming :
Cranleigh : Whitchurch : Eastleigh : Waterlooville and Petersfield, obviously. And all of the villages and towns in between.
2) You MUST have a Facebook page for your music, and some original recorded music hosted online somewhere (this is so we can check you out and include you in online promotion etc should you make it through to our final ten). It does not matter how many 'likes' you have.
3) You MUST have your own original material (enough for a 25 minute set) - we're very sorry but we are unable to consider applications from covers artists.
4) All members of your band must be available to attend the event on Saturday 10th September 2016.
5) If you make it through to playing our Introducing Stage you agree not to play any other local shows within a 30 mile radius of the event within 3 weeks of Butserfest, and agree to notify us in advance of confirming shows within this radius within a 6 week period either side of the event.
6) You understand that you will receive no payment for your performance at Butserfest 2016, and that you are responsible for all travel costs and expenses involved with getting to and from the event. Introducing Stage artists will be offered general festival access only.
7) You agree to allow Butserfest and its official sponsors and affiliated companies to publish your band/artist name, post your Facebook url, music and videos on their respective websites and social networking pages, and include your logos and band/artist name on any advertising associated with this competition and the event, as well as on any officially approved merchandising that will be sold by us at the event.
8) You agree to allow Butserfest, and members of attending press to take photos of your performance, which may be used for promotional or editorial purposes.
9) You understand and agree that billing of the final ten acts invited to play on our Introducing Stage will be decided solely based on the number of people using your unique code when buying their Butserfest tickets and not by artist 'status'. In the event of a 'tie' with 2 or more artists, billing of those tied will be decided by the judging committee.
10) Prizes are non-transferable and have no monetary value should the winning band be unable to attend the event for any reason.
11) It is expected that Introducing Stage artists make reasonable effort to both promote Butserfest and their unique code.
12) Butserfest reserves the right to replace or remove any billed Introducing Bands not following these T&Cs